Friday 22 July 2011

Friends, Romans, Countrymen...

.. I come to bury Herring, not to praise him.

Having read a few articles, the ETL501 course book and the assignment guidelines I am getting the impression that one of Mr Herring's favourite buzzwords is 'critical', so I guess I'd better be viewing everything I read with a critical eye. It is noticeable, however, that the pool of authors on teacher librarianship is not extensive. Articles make frequent references to the same authors, which can be a mite confusing. I've already read two things by Herring from 2011.

In other readings I've been reminded of a lot of teaching theory that I'd put to the back of my mind. D. Pardoe's 'Towards Successful Learning' (2009) prompted me to quiz my class on their views about learning and we now make frequent reference to helpful and unhelpful talk. Also, I have found myself spouting the thoughts of others about how children learn in this weeks parent-teacher interviews. Good to know that at least some of it is sticking in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment