Sunday 18 September 2011

Time, Time, Time, see what's become of me..

Thank you Mr's Simon and Garfunkel for this week's catchy title. Your royalties are in the post.

I have a vague recollection of reading about time management earlier this week and it all seemed to make some sort of sense at the time. Time, however, is transitory and illusive. I know that time must be managed, but it is rather like herding kittens; you think you've got some time to do something, but before you know it it's gone and you're hunting around after some more.
Nevertheless, time is ticking on and the deadlines for assignments draw ever nearer, so it seems I must shepherd tasks into specific time slots and guard them diligently.

The next assignment for ETL401 is all about information literacy, and I read an interesting piece by some Finnish writers (Tuominen, Savolainen and Talja) who laid a heavy emphasis on the relationship between user and technology as a major part of this topic. Having just left my school and handed in my laptop I have to agree with them. My relationship with my old laptop is extremely strained and I am feeling significantly less information literate with every slow search and internet crash. I joke, of course, but it does highlight to me the need for decent technology access if you are to make use of these skills, which is probably still one of the biggest issues facing teacher libarians, and schools in general, today

No comments:

Post a Comment